THE HOLISTIC CATALAN COOPERATIVE
WHAT IS THE HOLISTIC CATALAN COOPERATIVE?
It is a transition initiative that will allow us to build a lifestyle where neither the bank nor the state will be needed, resting on different legal forms to cover the needs of its members.
Cooperative as a self-managed economic and political project where each member participates equally.
Holistic because it gathers all the basic elements of an economic system such as production, consumption, finance and has its own currency. At the same time it wants to integrate the full range of activity sectors needed in people’s lives (ex: schools, hospitals, transport…).
Catalan because it is organized and operates in the territory of Catalunya.
WHAT ARE THE AIMS OF THE COOPERATIVE?
To build a network of cooperative economic relations and solidarity between people and social enterprises, to be out of the market rules and not controlled by the state.
Make it a space to promote and grow organic products and local services really needed for our daily lives and new projects of self-employment releated to these needs.
Ultimately this could become an alternative society out of the control of the capitalist system, with its own security and welfare to garantee the basic needs of all its members throughout their life journey.
In the short term, the specific objectives for witch we associate collectively are:
- To reduce our expenses in euros and help grow the currencies of the “EcoNetwork” (non-official name).
- To reduce the price of organic and handcrafted products throught collective purchasing.
- To give an option to sell directly to producers.
- To give dignifying and exciting self employment opportunities to people who are unemployed or want to quit their paid job.
- To facilitate a collective economic output to people who have become insolvent in the face of banking or the state.
- To provide everyone with saving options outside the traditional banking system.